One More Chapter
A twenty two year-old's view on life, death,
and Taylor Swift conspiracy theories
and Taylor Swift conspiracy theories
I was recently inspired to begin my own blog by a fellow Facebook friend who wrote a blog based on her progress towards completing her personal goals for the year. I have to say the blogs were rather inspiring and got me thinking: What would my goals be for the new year? After giving it some thought I knew that one of the first things on my list would be to write more often. So why not challenge myself and get started?
I have started Project365 as a way of forcing myself to write more and reflect of my life in a positive manner. I encourage others to do the same, it's simple really: 365 days, one entry per day; 365 blog entries in one year. It's not only great to get you writing, but perhaps will turn out to be rather therapeutic and self-reflexive.
For my first blog I wanted to decide once and for all what my goals would be for the year 2014. So (also inspired by my friend's blog) here are my 14 for '14:
1. Write more - this I have already explained. I also have started a personal journal where I am writing the things I learn everyday, inspired by my grandfather who always asks his grandchildren what they have learned each day for we are supposed to learn something new everyday. I also want to work more on my book that I started last year but stepped away from.
2. Read more - I am an avid book lover and all my friends can advocate for me on this. I used to read in almost all my classes in high school and go through about three books a week. Lately I have only been reading one book every two to three weeks (or less) and I miss it terribly
3. Finish a video project - I am currently in the works of this and I have high hopes of completing this goal.
4. Go to L.A. for the Film Intensive - this is something I don't have complete control over but I want to know that I did my best to make it happen for it could do wonders for my career.
5. Boost my self esteem - This is something that will take time and a lot of hard work for it's pretty much shot to hell at this point.
6. Do something adventurous/take a risk - I always need to have control over the things in my life and it's time that I just let loose and do something crazy just to see where it takes me.
7. Be bold and express my feelings - I am the worlds biggest scaredy-cat and let me tell you, it sucks. I want to learn to actually tell someone when I care about them and not wait in the shadows for someone else to make the first move.
8. Learn to speak French - I am also on my way to this, I have taken one semester of French already.
9. Stay Healthy - I want to stick to my current diet for another 12 months and continue on with the healthy lifestyle I have created for myself.
10. Feel good in a bathing suit this summer - It's never happened before and I'm determined to be comfortable in my body this summer and make heads turn!
11. Be happy and stay positive - there are a lot of things in life that can bring us down and get in the way and I don't want to spend 2014 focusing on those things, that's so last year.
12. Pay it forward - I want to do something great for a stranger, if you've seen Pay it Forward with Haley Joel Osment you know what I'm talking about. I want to make a difference in someone's life.
13. Do a Color Run - It's simple I know but it's something I've always wanted to do. I also should get back into running...which leads to my next goal
14. Meditate - I need to learn how to find peace and serenity, my mind is always going at a mile a minute and I can hardly ever just chill and relax, plus the other times that I have meditated and done yoga I have felt to refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to take on anything.
So there it is, my goals for 2014. I'll keep you updated as I work on them and achieve them as well and come December 31st next year my last entry will be a review as to which goals I achieved and which ones I didn't. Until them I hope to keep you interested with posts about my adventures, new finds, recipes, projects, and maybe even throw in some short stories I end up liking! We'll see where the year takes me!
Happy New Year!
About This Blog:
I started this blog as a way to challenge myself to write more over the 2014 year, but it has blossomed into so much more than that. I use it to let people in on what's happening in my life, talk about things I find important and to spread the news about amazing people, places and art.