One More Chapter
A twenty two year-old's view on life, death,
and Taylor Swift conspiracy theories
and Taylor Swift conspiracy theories
I started this blog in December of 2013 when I wrote the article "My 14 for 2014" and I wrote a similar article in January of last year named (could you believe it?) "My 15 for 2015", and now, it what appears to be some sort of annual tradition, let's take some time to see how many of my goals that I set for last year I actually. Just a fair warning, I usually write these lists and then promptly forget about them until I write next year's article and realize I completed maybe 50% of the set out goals.
1. Write a full screenplay - Okay, so I'm not sure I really completed this task. I did, in fact, write an entire pilot episode to a television show I'd thought up and put it through one revision period and I wrote about 70 pages of a full length feature film which has gone through no revisions. So I'd say that all amounts to more than half-way completing this goal. Way to go me!
2. Create more videos - I did complete this task. Not to the extent I may have wished, but I made some video collages of my Euro trips as well as taped some dance performances and filmed Chickee's Dance World's annual recital and made a short video on 16mm Black and White Kodak Tri-X Reversal Film for my film class this past semester.
3. Take a Risk - I can't think of any specific times that this happened, but I'd say traveling the world alone most likely involved taking some risks, as well as running off to other countries to hang out with people I didn't know at all or had only met for a few days in Los Angeles was pretty far out of my comfort zone - and all ended well!
4. Get back to the healthy person I was - after a brief stint in Europe where I ate literally anything that I wanted with no remorse, I am happy to say that I am exercising regularly and have been a vegan for over seven months!
5. Have an affair with a European Boy - haha. I must have been in a funny mood that day.
6. Finish a full length novel - And the jokes just keep on coming.
7. Build my network/Keep in touch with connections already made - I'd say working at the Cannes Film Festival definitely helped with making this task receive a check mark.
8. Meet Someone I Admire - Does getting to sit in on a conference with Amy Pohler and Mindy Kaling count? I think yes! As well as a brief conversation with Phyllis Smith!
9. Make a difference in someone's life - I think that this did happen. I had a conversation with a camper's parent over the summer and it really brought a smile to my face when he thanked me for making his daughter feel so special and that working with me completely changed her attitude about camp.
10. Stop waiting for someone else to make the first move - This probably happened, but I was too drunk to remember it now.
11. Come back home - and that I did.
12. Take a minute to breathe- This deserves it's own blog post, but I can say that, thanks to yoga, meditation, music and some really incredible friends, I can give this one a check mark.
13. Stop caring so much what everyone thinks of me - Again, a blog post of it's own. Check.
14. Tell someone I love them - Still a work in progress - though it did come close to happening.
15. Live a life worth writing about - Check and check.
I guess, overall, not too shabby this year. 10 plus two halves equals 12 out of 15 - and that's pretty damn good I think.
My 16 for 2016
1. Find adventure in everything I do
2. Say yes when presented with opportunity
3. Get back into reading more
4. Hike....a lot.
5. Keep working on staying happy
6. Work on being more outgoing
7. Learn to play the guitar
8. Write as much as possible (a few short stories maybe?)
9. Get something else published
10. Travel as much as possible
11. Buy a VW van to start fixing up
12. Keep in touch with all the amazing people I've met this year
13. Build confidence more
14. Do things for me not for what people will think of me
15. Get others around you to learn more about veganism - BUT don't be annoying! (the hard part)
16. If Donald Trump becomes president - Get the fuck out of there.
So, I guess I'll see you in about 12 months.
Thanks for reading,
Song of the Day
re: Stacks by Bon Iver
About This Blog:
I started this blog as a way to challenge myself to write more over the 2014 year, but it has blossomed into so much more than that. I use it to let people in on what's happening in my life, talk about things I find important and to spread the news about amazing people, places and art.